• Corporate litigation : The mainstay of the practice is corporate and commercial litigation. We work on numerous cases every year for a raft of multinational and Indian companies. Typically, they involve disputes between joint venture partners, shareholders, and post-acquisition disputes. Some cases are settled, or resolved by way of meditation, while others are litigated heavily through all levels of the courts.
• Arbitration : Our disputes practice is equally strong in both litigation and arbitration. Most of our litigators also have robust arbitration experience, appearing in Indian cases, as well as in international arbitration proceedings conducted before bodies such as the ICC, LCIA, ICDR, SIAC and SAC. We represent numerous private sector businesses and some of the leading public-sector undertakings, in this domain.
• Construction disputes : Our team works on numerous high-profile construction and engineering disputes arising out of infrastructure projects, EPC contracts, real estate developments, transport projects, and other high-stake projects. Several of the construction cases are resolved through arbitration, so we have developed substantial experience and expertise here, as well as in regular court proceedings.
• Writ / Constitutional law practice : We file several writs every year on behalf of our clients challenging government tender conditions or award of tenders. We are also involved in filing writs for quashing of government orders, or punitive actions against clients and have developed a niche in this practice.
• Criminal litigation / White collar crime practice: We are one of the few pan-Indian firms with a robust white collar crimes practice. We have expertise in representing clients before the courts as well as various investigation agencies including Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Crime Branch, Economic Offences Wing (EOW), Special Investigation Team (SIT), Serious Fraud Investigation Office, Ministry of Corporate Affairs (SFIO), Enforcement Directorate (ED), Department of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), etc.
• Insolvency and Bankruptcy: Our bankruptcy and insolvency litigation practice team represents both creditors (financial as well as operational) and debtors.
• Consumer class actions: These cases have been on the rise in India in recent years, and we handle a large number of them.
The Firm takes pride in the fact that it is involved in some of the most complex and high stake commercial disputes in India. We understand time is of the essence for most strategic litigation and we endeavour to provide practical, workable solutions to the extent possible.