The Firm’s Banking & Finance Practice traverses a wide range of service offerings in general banking which includes transactional support, regulatory advice and financial restructuring.
Our Banking Practice Group prides itself in providing innovative, cutting edge and commercially driven legal advice, security structures and enforcement solutions supported by a strongly embedded and current understanding of regulatory and market developments in debt in India.
The defining features of our practice are:
- A team of over 20 lawyers with core financing capabilities across Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Gurgaon and Hyderabad.
- Multi-disciplinary deal teams comprising of lawyers, accountants, tax specialists and financial advisers, trained to minimize transactional time and maximize efficiency.
- Partners handpicked for their transactional and in-house work experience, with emphasis on secondments with some of the largest financial institutions in India.
- Stand out strength and experience in banking regulations, transaction structuring, negotiation and documentation in syndicated lending, project finance, structured finance, securitisation and trade finance, aircraft, asset and real estate finance, debt restructuring and financial derivatives.
- A strong debt restructuring practice.
- A robust client list featuring India’s top banks, plus several major foreign lenders, domestic and international credit funds, non-banking finance companies (NBFC) and asset reconstruction companies.
- Significant borrower-side practice complementing our traditional strength in representing lenders.
- Substantial experience in banking litigation, recovery, and proceedings under India’s Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).