Syed Naqvi is a reputed and eminent senior partner in the litigation practice of Kochhar & Co. He has rich and varied experience of over 20 years in diverse litigation matters across the country. Mr. Naqvi handles complex commercial disputes and civil litigation and has represented several large Indian and multinational Companies in contentious matters across all business sectors.
His litigation experience encapsulates representing clients before various courts at all levels of Indian judiciary including:
- Supreme Court of India
- Various high courts across the country
- District and Civil courts across the nation
- Company Law Board
- Customs & Excise Tribunals
- Electricity Tribunal
- Mines Tribunal
- Water Tribunal
- Monopolies & Restrictive Trade Practices Commission (MRTPC)
- Consumer Courts
- Board for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (BIFR)
- Appellate Authority for Industrial and Financial Reconstruction (AAIFR)
- Foreign Exchange Appellate Tribunal
- Debt Recovery Tribunal
- Press Council of India
- Charity Commissioner Courts
- Labour Courts
- Industrial Tribunals
Besides commercial and civil litigation, He enjoys special expertise in the areas of electricity, mining and water laws.
In the past, He has represented the Government of India as well as State Governments in disputes relating to the inter-linking of Himalayan and Peninsular rivers of India, River Ravi Beas water dispute, Bhakra Dam dispute, Tehri Dam dispute, Mulla Periyar dam dispute, River Narmada water dispute and River Cauvery water dispute. He is a legal consultant to the Narmada Control Authority. He was a legal consultant to the World Bank for the river Brahmaputra development project.
- LL.B., University of Delhi.
- B.Sc., Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Laws, Amity University, New Delhi.
- Admitted to the Bar in 1989 and registered with the Bar Council of Delhi.
- Supreme Court Bar Association
- Delhi High Court Bar Association
- Background paper on the institutional mechanisms for the development of the Brahmaputra river (uploaded on the website of the World Bank)
- Authored the chapter on “Water Wars in India” in a leading book on the environmental and pollution laws in India by T.S. Doabia, former High Court Judge (J&K).
- Co-authored an article on water law in India with Salman M.A. Salman, Vice-President, the World Bank.
- Awarded for Outstanding Performance by Faculty of Law, Delhi University.
- Felicitated at the All India Convention on the “50 years of the working of the Constitution of India”, organized by the Bar Association of India at New Delhi.
11th Floor, Tower A, DLF Towers Jasola,
Jasola District Center, New Delhi 110025 (India)
Tel: +91 11 41115222/43129300, Fax: +91 11 40563813